- BY BUSINESS WIRE, YAHOO NEWS ON JUL 18, 2016
NEW YORK--Today’s release of CA Technologies (CA) latest Sustainability Report marks a continued evolution of corporate social impact, from environmental stewardship to broader societal change. The report outlines how CA Technologies Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts are linked to their business, positively benefiting customers, employees and communities around the world.
“Our CSR commitments reflect important global issues that affect our employees and customers, from environmental challenges to data security to talent management. Each year we monitor the trends that impact our business and our communities, and we respond by making strategic investments in our infrastructure and CSR programs to meet emerging needs,” said Erica Christensen, vice president, Corporate Social Responsibility, CA Technologies. “I’m proud of the progress we have made this year, discovering ways to operate with more purpose and advance sustainability within the communities we serve.”
Report highlights include:
- Carbon Emission Reduction. Since 2006, CA has reduced its carbon footprint by approximately 36 percent, achieving an absolute GHG reduction target four years ahead of schedule. The Environmental Protection Agency equates this to removing 7,176 passenger cars from the road.
- Materiality Assessment. In 2016, CA refreshed its materiality assessment, last conducted in 2013, to further align corporate sustainability strategy. Emerging focus areas include talent attraction and retention, diversity and inclusion, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education, and cybersecurity and privacy.
- Water & Waste Management. CA data centers utilize closed-loop water systems for cooling, thereby minimizing water use. In addition, CA reclaims 100 percent of rainwater from surfaces at its Hyderabad, India facility for landscaping needs.
- STEM Education. CA is committed to building the STEM pipeline and increasing educational and professional participation by underrepresented groups, in particular women and students of color. This includes partnerships and programs with nonprofits including 100Kin10, the Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Change the Equation, Citizen Schools, DonorsChoose.org, Iridescent, IT-oLogy, NPower and PENCIL.
- Green Buildings and Green Leases. CA incorporates sustainability elements into new leases, including provisions requiring the use of cleaning materials that are Green Seal-certified, inclusion of building-recycling programs, use of lighting sensors in common areas, and landscape irrigation systems that utilize rain sensor devices to minimize water use.
- Employee Generosity. In FY2016, CA matched more than $1.3 million in employee donations to more than 1,600 nonprofits. This year, CA Technologies amplified their commitment to helping employees give back by increasing the matching gift limit from $5,000 to $10,000 and the number of volunteer days from three to five. The company’s worldwide employee volunteer initiative, CA Together in Action, takes place during the week of Earth Day in April. CA employees take time out of their workday to give back by participating in environmentally-focused volunteer projects and supporting the advancement of STEM learning.
- Inclusion and Diversity. CA’s THRIVE program helps create an inclusive and flexible workplace by attracting, nurturing and retaining a diverse workforce. In the company’s most recent Employee Opinion Survey, 95 percent of all employees said their immediate manager treats employees fairly regardless of their age, family/marital status, disability, race/color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
CA Technologies believes that today’s world needs products that are sustainable by design, with the inherent agility to take advantage of the application economy. Agile development contributes to sustainability, as it maximizes resource utilization and minimizes unnecessary expenses. At the same time, a world driven by software must put people at the center. CA Technologies CSR efforts combine environmental benefits with societal programs that transform lives.
This report, which covers the 2015 calendar year, was drafted in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Core guidelines and incorporates the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact. For the fifth consecutive year, the report includes external assurance of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments. Learn more atwww.ca.com.