The Education News Weekly Roundup is brought to you by Holly Trippett, the Public Relations Intern at Citizen Schools and a senior at Emerson College studying Marketing Communications. Citizen Schools News:
- Mercury News – 3/29/12 – Volunteers Join Teachers in ‘Citizen Schools’ – An article that features the Citizen Schools program in Campbell, CA.
- Boston.com – 3/31/12 – Mediation on Teachers Contract Signals Defeat on Needed Reforms – Citizen Schools was mentioned as a nonprofit that Boston Public Schools should look to to implement reform.
- Education Week – 4/3/12 – Expanded Learning Time Not Always a Cure-All, Report Says – Citizen Schools is mentioned as an effective ELT model.
- Washington Post – 3/30/12 – Democratic Mayors Challenge Teachers Unions in Urban Political Shift – This article discusses the current tension between government officials and teachers unions.
- The Atlantic – 4/2/12 – To Fix America’s Education Bureaucracy, We Need to Destroy it – This piece argues for the need to “bulldoze school bureaucracy.”