The Education News Weekly Roundup is brought to you by Holly Trippett, the Public Relations Intern at Citizen Schools and a senior at Emerson College studying Marketing Communications. Citizen Schools News:
- Boldfacers – 4/3/12 – Model Citizen: John Werner – John Werner, Chief Mobilizing Officer, is featured on the Boldfacers website.
- National Center on Time & Learning – 4/12 – Transforming Schools through Expanded Learning Time: Orchard Gardens K-8 Pilot School – Citizen Schools is mentioned as an Expanded Learning Time partner in this study.
- Education Week – 4/5/2012 – Governors Urged to Tap Into ‘Informal’ Science Education – A document released by the National Governors Association urges governors to include informal science education in their agendas to improve STEM education.
- New York Times – 4/5/2012 - Congress Needs to Step up For Americorps – This article discusses the recent vote that confirmed Republican Wendy Spencer to lead the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Chicago Tribune – 4/6/12 - Rethink utlralong school day for all idea – Though Chicago Public Schools officials insist that their plan to add hours to the school day is not a one-size-fits-all plan, parents and teachers fight back.