Kronos and Flex Celebrate Innovation in Manufacturing
LOWELL, Mass - Kronos Incorporated and Flex Ltd. will host innovators from leading organizations on Sept. 29 at the Flex Boston Innovation Center. In recognition of national Manufacturing Day, the event will feature manufacturing and technology organizations including BAE Systems, Flex, Mass Robotics, and Massachusetts Technology Collaborative at the Flex Boston Innovation Center, offering middle and high school students an opportunity to participate in a day of learning focused on careers in manufacturing.
- Kronos is a sponsor of Manufacturing Day, a national celebration meant to inspire the next generation, as it aligns with Kronos’ mission of investing in the workforce of the future. Kronos is committed to helping close the manufacturing skills gap as in less than 10 years, nearly three-and-a-half million manufacturing jobs will need to be filled and the skills gap is expected to result in two million of those jobs going unfilled.1
- Kronos will join Flex, a Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions provider that designs and builds Intelligent Products for a Connected World™, to promote careers in manufacturing. Participating students will receive a firsthand view of the innovation process within Flex’s state-of-the art concepting, design, and production facility that is focused on innovation in robotics, smart textiles, health technology, and energy solutions.
- Students representing a variety of institutions and organizations including Boston Public Schools, Boston Private Industry Council, Citizen Schools, and the Latino STEM Alliance will participate.
- Through its GiveInspired charitable giving program, Kronos will donate toward the event to further support the importance of STEM education and the development of the next generation manufacturing workforce.
- Sumir Kapur, vice president, design engineering, Flex
“The fourth industrial revolution is well underway, and it is changing the way we design and build intelligent products. At Flex, we are always looking for qualified new recruits to help us create the next generation of intelligent technology. Events such as the Manufacturing Day help prepare young people today for rewarding careers tomorrow. This benefits our youth, our communities, and our entire economy.”
- Neil Sullivan, executive director, Boston Private Industry Council
“It is critical that employers continue to cultivate the next generation of STEM professionals by bringing middle and high school students into their workplaces. The event hosted by Kronos and Flex gives students a chance to see where new designs and ideas are being developed and helps them imagine what it would be like to have a career in manufacturing.”
- Kylene Zenk, director, manufacturing practice group, Kronos
“The objective of Manufacturing Day is to help change the perception of the industry and to promote the exciting careers it offers. At Kronos we are committed to supporting the next-generation workforce, and we believe that a manufacturer’s most valuable source of innovation is its employees. It is an honor to host this MFG Day event with a world leader such as Flex at its incredible innovation center to host manufacturing and technology leaders who will provide young students with an impactful learning opportunity.”
- Visit Kronos Incorporated & Flex MFG Day Event for more information.
- Follow updates on Manufacturing Day with #MFGDay hashtag.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: 2015 Skills Gap Report, Deloitte Development LLP and the Manufacturing Institute, October 2015