Citizen Schools News:
- The Koinoiah - Winter 2012 - Citizen Schools: Increasing Access to the American Dream - The Koinoiah is an organization based out of Charlotte, NC that focuses on increasing the awareness of community maintenance and civic responsibility. Citizen Schools received a full-page feature in the magazine, which also provided insight from Jon Gilson, a board member and corporate lawyer in North Carolina, who also volunteers as a Citizen Teacher. Please go to page 6 of the magazine to view the Citizen Schools feature.
Noteworthy Education News:
- TIME: Ideas - 1/11/12 - School of Thought: 12 Education Activists for 2012 - A list of 12 education activists to watch in 2012 complied by Andy Rotherham.
- TIME: Ideas - 1/12/12 - 'Let's Not Weaken It': An Exclusive Interview with George W. Bush on NCLB - An interesting interview with George W. Bush looking at No Child Left Behind ten years later.
- Education Week - 1/17/12 - What Really Works in School Turnarounds? - This article looks at the faults in the U.S. Department of Education's plan to turn schools across the country around. It also includes a list of successful keys that aid in school turnarounds.
- Education Week - 1/18/12 - A Conversation With Arne Duncan - This interview with Arne Duncan covers all of "the hot education topics of the day: waivers, Race to the Top, reauthorization, and the election."