Each year, we mobilize a team of talented and driven Teaching Fellows to provide programming to nearly 3,500 students in 3 states across the country.
Become a Teaching Fellow and join our efforts in helping all children to discover and achieve their dreams. As a result, the National Teaching Fellowship is demanding, and so is the application process.
+ STEP 1: ONLINE APPLICATION
- Submit your contact information, academic history and leadership experience.
- Upload your resume (one page, PDF format strongly recommended)
- Indicate your experience serving with AmeriCorps in the past. Candidates who have completed two years or less of national service are eligible to serve with us.
- Complete a short essay question, 500 words or less.
- Provide 3 professional or academic references.
- Complete a handful of multiple choice questions.
+ STEP 2: PHONE INTERVIEW (30 - 45 MINUTES)
- Ask questions! This is a great opportunity to learn first hand about Citizen Schools and our program.
+ STEP 3: FINAL INTERVIEW (60 MINUTES) - IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL
- During the interview: You will speak about your experiences and share your response to a few real life scenarios.
- You will also have time built into the interview to complete a Job Simulation Activity. No preparation is needed for this.
- After the interview: Final interviews are facilitated by regional staff, take advantage of their first-hand experience by asking questions.
+ STEP 4. FINAL CANDIDACY REVIEW
Candidates who are recommended for admittance, will be extended a preliminary offer to join the National Teaching Fellowship. The offer will not become formal until we have received:
- A completed criminal background check (performed by Citizen Schools)
- Official Transcript(s)
- 2 Professional and 1 Personal Recommendation(s) (who you have known for 2+ years)