+ Go Teach!
- Apprenticeships are semester-long hands-on learning projects led by volunteer experts, like you.
- You help turn kids into young scientists, architects, lawyers, business owners, etc. – experiencing success with successful adults.
- These apprenticeships transform lives, inspire careers and set students on a path of learning.
- The final students’ showcase called the WOW! gives them the opportunity to share
+ Share Your Knowledge!
- You have unique skills and experiences to bring to students within a span of ten weeks.
- Choose a topic that you are interested in, from robotics to mock trial to video game design, by looking through the engaging lesson plans in our curriculum library.
+ You Won't be in this Alone!
Whether it’s developing lesson plans, leading the classroom, or engaging students, you’ll be supported from start to finish in your apprenticeship.
- A Citizen Schools staff member will partner with and support you through every step – from planning, to teaching, to the WOW!
- You will receive five hours of training on how to make your course engaging and keep your students on task.
+ Where and When?
Apprenticeships are taught for 90 minutes sometime between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. You can teach in the Fall or Spring semester, and our program is available in middle schools in the following communities:
- California - Bay Area
- Illinois - Chicago
- Massachusetts - Boston, Chelsea & Salem
- North Carolina - Charlotte & Durham
- New York - Harlem, Brooklyn & The Bronx
- Texas - Houston