- Apprenticeships are semester-long hands-on learning projects led by volunteer experts, like you.
- You help turn kids into young scientists, architects, lawyers, business owners, etc. – experiencing success with successful adults.
- These apprenticeships transform lives, inspire careers and set students on a path of learning.
- The final students’ showcase called the WOW! gives them the opportunity to share what they learned.
Share your knowledge
You have unique skills and experiences to bring to students within a span of ten weeks.
Whether it’s developing lesson plans, leading the classroom, or engaging students, you’ll be supported from start to finish in your apprenticeship.
- A Citizen Schools staff member will partner with and support you through every step – from planning to teaching to the WOW!
- You will receive five hours of training on how to make your course engaging and keep your students on task.
Apprenticeships are taught for 90 minutes sometime between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. You can teach in the Fall or Spring semester, and our program is available in middle schools in the following communities: