Build relationships with a team of middle-school students. Learn how to make lessons engage the toughest classrooms. Analyze student progress in academics and help teachers provide targeted support.
Support a school by connecting with hard-working families, coaching community volunteers to create amazing learning experiences, and mobilizing resources to inspire children to pursue their dreams.
Get real-world experience not only with teaching, but also with project management, data analysis, youth development, cultural competency, and professional skills. Unlock your potential while you unlock theirs.
The AmeriCorps Teaching Fellowship at Citizen Schools gives leaders real teaching and non-profit experience, while engaging them deeply in communities and schools. Two years of service helps to build the school of the future.
Join a Community
It's not just about you and a classroom. Fellows assemble a second shift of educators--from families and teachers to volunteers from corporations, colleges, and the entire community--to connect education to kids' dreams.
- Googlers Teach the Math Behind the Magic
- Press Release: Bay Area Students Present Their Work in Technology and the Sciences
- California STEM WOW! Event Sure to Inspire
- Teaching Fellow Reflects on Two Years of Service
- VIDEO: Citizen Schools Students Selected to Perform in Concert
- VIDEO: What Did You Learn In The Teaching Fellowship?