Three types of impact
- On kids: Prepare the workforce of tomorrow, and be a leader in reforming education in America.
- On your talent: Provide employees with a volunteer opportunity that really makes a difference—and builds their professional skills and loyalty.
- On your brand: Position your company as a leader in the community and a partner to an innovative, high-impact non-profit organization.
Three ways to benefit
A unique way to give back
- Real impact: Employees change kids’ lives by inspiring them with new career possibilities. Our results >>
- Leadership development: Employees face the challenge of teaching, and build skills in collaboration, communication, and perseverance.
- Multiple regions: Talent from across the country can participate in the same volunteer experience. Our locations >>
Education is not a spectator sport
- Teach an apprenticeship. Lead a team of middle-school students in a ten-unit course in your field of expertise.
- Host an exploration to your office. Invite students over for an afternoon.
- Serve as an expert panelist at a WOW!. Teach for an evening by giving feedback to students finishing their apprenticeships.
- Attend a WOW! presentation. Watch apprentices argue a case or give financial advice, and make their learning authentic.
Employees, customers, and shareholders expect companies to give back. Citizen Schools is a powerful way to do so—and with meaningful results.
To learn more about partnerships between corporations and Citizen Schools, please contact: Aimee Sargent, Managing Director of External Engagement.
Stories of Impact
- National Survey Shows Strong Parent Support for Technology in the Classroom; Suggests Gaps and Opportunities in Implementation
- TF Spotlight: Brittney Davis
- Teaching Fellow Alum Spotlight: Tiffany Harrell
- Caitlin & Chris Otto: Citizen Teachers, Associate Board Members, Pilots, Husband and Wife