Three types of impact
- On kids: Prepare the workforce of tomorrow, and be a leader in reforming education in America.
- On your talent: Provide employees with a volunteer opportunity that really makes a difference—and builds their professional skills and loyalty.
- On your brand: Position your company as a leader in the community and a partner to an innovative, high-impact non-profit organization.
Three ways to benefit
A unique way to give back
- Real impact: Employees change kids’ lives by inspiring them with new career possibilities. Our results >>
- Leadership development: Employees face the challenge of teaching, and build skills in collaboration, communication, and perseverance.
- Multiple regions: Talent from across the country can participate in the same volunteer experience. Our locations >>
Education is not a spectator sport
- Teach an apprenticeship. Lead a team of middle-school students in a ten-unit course in your field of expertise.
- Host an exploration to your office. Invite students over for an afternoon.
- Serve as an expert panelist at a WOW!. Teach for an evening by giving feedback to students finishing their apprenticeships.
- Attend a WOW! presentation. Watch apprentices argue a case or give financial advice, and make their learning authentic.
Employees, customers, and shareholders expect companies to give back. Citizen Schools is a powerful way to do so—and with meaningful results.
To learn more about partnerships between corporations and Citizen Schools, please contact Claudia Alfaro, Vice President of External Engagement, at 617.695.2300 ext. 1166.
Stories of Impact
- PRESS RELEASE: Citizen Schools to Expand STEM Footprint Nationally with US2020
- US2020 and Discovery Communications “Connect The Dots” of STEM Education with New PSA
- Citizen Schools to be Featured on American Graduate Day 2014!
- “Example isn’t another way to teach, it is the only way to teach”