Deputy Campus Director
While Campus Directors engage with principals and represent the expanded-learning-time program for the community, Deputies usually focus on the team of Citizen Schools educators, ensuring that these AmeriCorps service members are positioned to drive strong results for students.
Successful Deputy Campus Directors come to Citizen Schools with at least one year of teaching experience from a public or charter school, or previous service as a AmeriCorps service member at Citizen Schools or other education organization.
Deputy Campus Directors will...
- Collaborate with the Campus Director to plan staff meetings and to deliver professional development
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues of student discipline
- Model instructional practices and provide coaching to Teaching Fellows and School Support staff
- Build relationships with school faculty and staff as well as the community in order to facilitate the success of the extended day
- Directly supervise a team of 5-10 Teaching Fellows and staff