Lead, outside the box
Citizen Schools expands the learning day with middle schools coast to coast. Campus Directors manage a team of afternoon educators, building bridges between students and the world outside to close achievement gaps.
As a CD, you will…
- Be instructional leader, talent developer to 5-15 staff, 80-250 students
- Partner with principal and staff to expand the learning day to improve student achievement
- Cultivate relationships with community and families to deepen the impact of program on student achievement
- Use data to make leadership decisions and leverage resources through successful human resource administration
As a CD, you get…
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities
- A career pathway that has led to leadership positions within Citizen Schools, in non-profit organizations, and in schools
- Salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits: health insurance, 403(b), three weeks vacation
- Successful CDs positioned as exceptional leaders, managers, and resource developers who can lead and build programs to scale.
In middle school, things change. School is tougher. Life seems more complex. Kids, particularly those in low-income communities, are at high risk of losing their way. You can lead change by leading Citizen Schools—change in students, in schools, and in the way we educate middle-school children.
Applications are currently being accepted for Campus Director and Deputy Campus Director roles with start dates in July, 2013.
- Googlers Teach the Math Behind the Magic
- Press Release: Bay Area Students Present Their Work in Technology and the Sciences
- California STEM WOW! Event Sure to Inspire
- Teaching Fellow Reflects on Two Years of Service
- VIDEO: Citizen Schools Students Selected to Perform in Concert
- VIDEO: What Did You Learn In The Teaching Fellowship?