Imagine Mars! puts your apprentices in the role of planning the first human settlement on Mars. Apprentices learn about four topics related to the conditions on Mars: soil, atmosphere, weather, and water. More importantly, they develop a structured thinking pattern for approaching science questions.
WOW!: Teams of apprentices pitch their Mars colony plans to a panel of investors, who select the plan they want to back.
See it in action
- Week 1
- Team building and teaching students to make a pitch.
- Week 2
- Apprentices learn about the differences in soil, weather, atmosphere and water on Mars versus Earth.
- Week 3
- Apprentices will identify problems presented by weather on Mars and brainstorm possible solutions to enable a colony to be built.
- Week 4
- Apprentices will learn about atmospheric pressure and how it is different on Mars compared to Earth.
- Week 5
- Apprentices will identify potential solutions to the problems presented by Mars' atmospheric pressure in building a colony.
- Week 6
- Apprentices will learn about soil on Mars and how it is different than Earth's soil.
- Week 7
- Apprentices will develop solutions for dealing with Mars' soil in building a colony.
- Week 8
- Apprentices will learn about the challenges of obtaining water on Mars.
- Week 9
- Apprentices will explore potential solutions to the challenge of obtaining water on Mars.
- Week 10
- Apprentices prepare to make their pitches to investors during their WOW!