Changing life trajectories
We have evidence: students who participate in Citizen Schools are more engaged and successful in schools than their peers–even years after the program
STUDENTS WE SERVE
- In 2013-2014, 85% of Citizen Schools students were eligible for free or reduced price lunch.
- 95% of students identified as Latino or African American.
- Over 33% of participants spoke a primary language other than English at home.
COMMITTED TO EVALUATION
- Our internal Program Scorecard defines key outcomes and indicators and enables us to track progress toward goals.
- Our online database tracks dosage and outcomes, allowing staff to identify areas of strength and concern in real time and adjust their practice.
- Read our report detailing the first year of Citizen Schools’ Expanded Learning Time model.
- Abt Associates is engaged in a multi-year evaluation of schools that adopt Expanded Learning Time in partnership with Citizen Schools, compared with other schools in the same districts. Results from this study will be shared as they become available.