Changing life trajectories
We have evidence: students who participate in Citizen Schools are more engaged and successful in schools than their peers–even years after the program
STUDENTS WE SERVE
- In 2013-2014, 85% of Citizen Schools students were eligible for free or reduced price lunch.
- 95% of students identified as Latino or African American.
- Over 33% of participants spoke a primary language other than English at home.
COMMITTED TO EVALUATION
- Our internal Program Scorecard defines key outcomes and indicators and enables us to track progress toward goals.
- Our online database tracks dosage and outcomes, allowing staff to identify areas of strength and concern in real time and adjust their practice.
- Abt Associates is engaged in a multi-year evaluation of schools that adopt Expanded Learning Time in partnership with Citizen Schools, compared with other schools in the same districts. Read our first-year report here.