Changing life trajectories
We have evidence: students who participate in Citizen Schools are more engaged and successful in schools than their peers–even years after the program
STUDENTS WE SERVE
- In 2011-2012, 73% of Citizen Schools students were eligible for free or reduced price lunch.
- The majority of students identified as Latino or African American.
- Over 33% of participants spoke a primary language other than English at home.
COMMITTED TO EVALUATION
- Our internal Program Scorecard defines key outcomes and indicators and enables us to track progress toward goals.
- Our online database tracks dosage and outcomes, allowing staff to identify areas of strength and concern in real time and adjust their practice.
- The next phase of our external evaluation includes a study of schools that adopt Expanded Learning Time in partnership with Citizen Schools.